Virgin valley with an objective to develop eco tourism activities, owns a big land near Hajibal a sleepy village near Tangmarg which is surrounded by thick forests. We intend to establish one stop solution for tourists interested in camping and adventure, which provides an ideal opportunity to experience camping with difference. The villages in the surroundings are well worth a visit, providing an informative and social look into a completely different culture and its relationship with the land and local life.
“Virgin Valley” camping holidays are for those who would like to explore nature, who seek the simple pleasures of sleeping in the lap of nature under the stars at the Virgin Valley camp site.
The tented accommodation will be at par with international standards. The camp site will have access to necessary amenities. Guests will receive excellent F&B service serving local cuisine, It will offer 100 USD a day package which will include Airport pickup, 2 meals a day, and the activities which includes Camp site events by local artists, Cultural Visits to Local Villages, Hiking/Trekking, Pony trekking, Bird Watching , Rock Climbing and other activities.
We will serve organic fruits and vegetables available in the villages and from the farmers near to the camp site. We will offer many vegetarian choices in addition to the local cuisine.
The package will be offered primarily through reference or through different clubs and well recognized travel operators.
Our main goal is:
- To develop nature tourism.
- To involve people in the nature camps, acknowledge and teach them nature friendly way of living and green aims.
- To provide tourist services at best possible rates
- To activate and maintain the local village economy
- To promote and preserve our cultural heritage.
- 100 USD a day (Complete package excluding shopping)
- Group of 10 Guests for 10 days
- Camp site events by local artists
- Exhibitions by artists for guests to promote local art and craft
- Cultural Visits to Local Villages
- Hiking/Trekking /Pony trekking
- Mountain Biking / Cycling
- Bird Watching
- Photography and Filming
- Rock Climbing
- Study Tours For Fauna and Flora
- Potry & Wood Craft
USP (Unique selling proposition)
- One complete package (Cost effective and unforgettable)
- Causal atmosphere to guests(Feel at Home)
- Explore new sites of the Paradise on earth
- Beauty of the Kashmiri culture (promoting kashmiri music and art through evening events)
- Help in research and studies if required.
- And other Adventure loving activities.
- Events such as the Band pather, Rouf , wanwon and other kashmiri cultural events
Unexplored sites in North Kashmir
The Northern belt of Kashmir valley is a combination of un explored forest, areas with water bodies and some historical sites. This area contains much important and attractive flora and fauna, including trees, flowering plants, birds and animals. It has the potential to serve as unexplored Kashmir sites suitable for camping and other adventurous activities. This belt particularly the kandi has much unrealised tourism potential as it is the gateway to world famous health resort Gulmarg.
The Virgin Valley, the camping site:
- Sultanpora Nowgam Kandi
- Gantmulla Baramulla
- Boniyaar Uri Baramulla
- History: Monuments and Other historical places like Temple of Pandawas
- Nature: lake, bicycling and walking paths in the nature
- Culture: Local events, and Artists (Band Pather, Rouf) Art Galleries, and Farming techniques
- Sports: Water sports
Tentative Itinerary for 10 Days
|Day 1||Pickup from airport to Virgin Valley (Camp site)||6|
|Day 1||Reception / Evening Camp Fire by Local Artists Kashmiri Music||4|
|Day 2||On foot Local site seeing (Old temple in Chack & Water fall)||5|
|Day 2||Mountain Biking/Cycling and Rock Climbing/ Pony trekking||5|
|Day 3||Trip to Famous Gulmarg Health Resort Via Bandi Bala||12|
|Day 4||Site Seeing (Dal, Nishat, Pari Mahal and shopping)||12|
|Day 5||Site Seeing south Kashmir Interiors||12|
|Day 6||Site Seeing south Kashmir Interiors||6|
|Day 6||Return to Virgin Valley||6|
|Day 7||Site Seeing Uri, Boniyaar Valley and Forest visit||12|
|Day 8||Visit to Fatahghar Monument & other Historical Sites||4|
|Day 8||On Foot Tracking to Virgin Valley from Malpora||6|
|Day 9||Local craft exhibition for guests||12|
|Day 10||Farewell & Drop||12|